Reminiscent of the asam pedas that you get from the friendly makcik at the nasi padang stall? We have something to take you back. This sour and spicy dish is bound to awaken all your senses and satiate your hungry tummy.
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅
1 Mackerel Fish (on any Fish of choice)
20g Just Ice Plant
5 tbsp Oil
20 Dried Chillies (de-seed)
2 Large Onions
4 Bird’s Eye Chili
2 tsp of Tamarind Paste
3 Lime Leaves
Handful of Laksa Leaves
1 tsp Salt
4 tsp Sugar
1. Soak Dried Chillies in hot water for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, blend Garlic, Onions, Ginger and Tumeric with a little bit of water until smooth yellow-white paste, then set aside.
2. Blend the soaked Dried Chillies and Bird’s Eye Chilli together until it becomes a red thick paste.
3. Add in Oil, and once it is hot, add in Lemongrass and Garlic blended ingredients until the oil splits. After a few minutes, put in Lime Leaves. Continue mixing.
4. Now, add in the blended Chilli Paste, mix, then cover.
5. After 5 minutes, add in Sugar, a pinch of Salt, 10g of Just Ice Plant, and Tamarind Paste.
6. Put in Water and continue mixing and let it thicken.
7. Add in the Fish, Laksa Leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with the remaining Ice Plant and serve with Rice!
This recipe was first published at https://shop.justproduce.sg/blogs/recipes/asam-pedas-ice-plant.